1965 aftermarket Wheel suggestions

F
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Have a 65 Thunderbird Coupe.
Drum brakes on rear, disc’s on front.
Cannot find any wheels that wit fit the front.
Disc caliper is big, wheels hit the caliper. Im in Australia, my tyre & wheels dealer has tried every brand . US mags etc. Nothing.
Am I able to change out the disc caliper to something more modern, or am i creating a nightmare. Nightmare is the scenario I’m being conveyed over here. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Disc caliper is big, wheels hit the caliper. Im in Australia, my tyre & wheels dealer has tried every brand . US mags etc. Nothing.
Am I able to change out the disc caliper to something more modern, or am i creating a nightmare. Nightmare is the scenario I’m being conveyed over here. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I belive 65 thru 67,68 wheels will work just find .double check caliper cross reference in parts catalog

Hi Mate, I'm in New Zealand and have a 65 with after market wire wheels which I got from Australian Classic Wire Wheels. I think they do other wheels apart from wires if thats not your thing. Anyway the guy there seems to know what he's talking about so may be able to hlep with other wheel types and wheel sizes etc.
if you Google Australian Classic Wire Wheels you will see what they have on the web site or call 03 9532 5322, or 0412 780 900. They are in Highett, Victoria .
Good luck
Frosty

I am surprised your dealer didn't suggest using a spacer. I installed a 1/2 inch spacer and could use any rim I wanted with the same bolt pattern

Back