1964 Thunderbird - Help with Crankcase ventilation

Shadrack

Shadrack

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello All,
So, I am learning a great deal as I go here. However, I am confused on this point and I am hoping you all can get me on a straight line.

I understand most of the basics of a PCV system - mostly/sorta - however, with how Unmodified my car is (huge dose of sarcasm) and understanding my car did not come with a PCV system per se, I am confused as to how or if this operation is done on my car...or if its even needed.

What I am trying to accomplish/figure out - is how to not only make my car run better but maybe find sources of oil being burnt or passing through into the air mixture. I know people install oil catch cans for reasons related to this (not sure totally on why but am researching).

Guess what I am asking guys, how should my system be setup? Any pictures or anything I can delete or add to aid my engine.

Even with new carb, plugs, wires, petronix, filters - my car is still rich and I have leaned it out some. So looking for all sources of fouling or oil and fuel going places it should not.

Thanks everyone!!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hello All,
So, I am learning a great deal as I go here. However, I am confused on this point and I am hoping you all can get me on a straight line.

I understand most of the basics of a PCV system - mostly/sorta - however, with how Unmodified my car is (huge dose of sarcasm) and understanding my car did not come with a PCV system per se, I am confused as to how or if this operation is done on my car...or if its even needed.

What I am trying to accomplish/figure out - is how to not only make my car run better but maybe find sources of oil being burnt or passing through into the air mixture. I know people install oil catch cans for reasons related to this (not sure totally on why but am researching).

Guess what I am asking guys, how should my system be setup? Any pictures or anything I can delete or add to aid my engine.

Even with new carb, plugs, wires, petronix, filters - my car is still rich and I have leaned it out some. So looking for all sources of fouling or oil and fuel going places it should not.

Thanks everyone!!

Is your car leaking, or loosing oil? We have the 64 with no oil cap in the valve covers. Our oil breather is different, where it is it's own piece to the left if the distributor and behind the water tank. Now that cap is suppose to be replaced because the oil breather is part of the oil cap. I haven't replaced mine yet because I love that old style sticker on the cap. But I really need to. If you want to find out if your car is leaking oil. I went on Scotty Kilmer YouTube and he taught me the fluorescent dye. There is one for oil and another for antifreeze. You put in the dye, run the car around the block, lift the car up,(with stands, cough), and use these funky yellow glasses and you will see your oil or antifreeze leak. I am not sure what your are trying to accomplish with the engine?..maybe send me pictures of your motor top and maybe we can compare to my 64. Thanks DJ-Dan( Forest Hill Md) ************.
DJ-dan@***********

Back