1964 signal switch recommendations

Maxx_basher

Maxx_basher

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good afternoon,
i am in australia and i think i am in trouble with my signal switch. i have purchased a new replacement from tbheadquarters and unfortunatley it was faulty. they were fantastic about it and that has been sorted out. now i am left with the same problem of needing another replacement. mine is a 10 wire version. my auto electrician has been unable to rectify my problem so it is back to the other side of the world for a new one. i just want to get the right one. any advice on a better unit or even a modification that will work would be great. thank you in advance for any assistance.
Jonathan

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Good evening Jonathan, what is the issue that you are having with the switch?

Hi. It start with no brake lights. Auto electrician diagnosed it as a broken wire. Bought new switch. It seems to work out of the column but once it is all installed properly and in place it is problematic. No indicator on one side. Next time they will work but no brakes again. Then all will be fine and then back to something not working. The switch doesn’t seem to like being a bit squashed and spread out. I’m just hanging to get driving again. Thank you for responding

Have you thought about taking the original switch apart and attempting repairs? Seems like there's nothing to lose by trying.

desperate times call for desperate measures. the electrician has now had both the original and the new one apart with no luck. we thought we had a chance with the new as it appears to spread out once in place. he tried increasing the size of the terminals with solder to allow for the flex but it did not work.. im looking at one at the bird nest but i would love to hear if some one has bought one and found it to be fantastic. for me everything is a long way a way. getting it right the first time didnt work so i would love the second time to be good. thanks again

Folks- please stop posting parts wanted in the general forums. It's common sense that these posts go in the parts discussion area lf the forums. Post moved.

19386_f87b11203c51d2e27a6c7ebd6dc041c7.jpg

Back