1964 dash & headlight wiring harness installation

Garret Swanson

Garret Swanson

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello there, so i recently bought a wiring harness for my 1964 thunderbird. and i was wondering if anyone has any good tutorial videos or youtube videos on where to start for the wiring harness. im not that sure where to start.

Thanks, Garret

While I haven't wired a bird specifically, I have done my share of trucks. I start by removing the dash and taking the harness loose from the firewall. Unhook everything out from under the hood and feed it in to the cab.
Start new harness at column and feed out the firewall.
Then the fun begins, hooking it up.

I believe there are Ford assembly manuals just for the wiring installation and the order of installation. I worked on a 63 (I know different body) and the diagrams were quite helpful. On the 63 some of the wiring had to be placed before the firewall insulator was installed.

I believe there are Ford assembly manuals just for the wiring installation and the order of installation. I worked on a 63 (I know different body) and the diagrams were quite helpful. On the 63 some of the wiring had to be placed before the firewall insulator was installed.
Oh I had no idea! is that in the regular car manual or do i need to buy another manual for that

Back