1964 convertible top down bypass Switch

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just replaced the neutral safety switch. Now I don't have power to the top up down switch. Is the switch connected to the NSSwitch. HOW DO I bypass the NSSwitch.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Hi- I have manual and wiring book. But I can't see any detail on how the wiring comes from the NSS. I would like to disconnect it if the issue is contact points on the NSS . Looking for someone who can tell me which wire to cut.

Have you tried pulling/pushing and holding the steering wheel to the left while operating the top switch?
Sometimes if the NSS isn’t adjusted perfectly, the top won’t work.
1584A72A-DACD-43E7-B28B-E922AE585587.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried pulling/pushing and holding the steering wheel to the left while operating the top switch?
Sometimes if the NSS isn’t adjusted perfectly, the top won’t work.
Thank you. I have tried inserting #43 in gauge pin hole about 7 times. I had it once, everything worked, then next time I went to start and operate top I had issues. Top not working at all, starter engaged with key on when I moved shift lever. I guess I will just keep trying?????

Just go ahead and do like most people do. Tie the power feed for the top switch to the power window feed. No brainer, Problem solved.

Back