1964 center console and dash LED lights?

S

stevetheweave1

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Got center console torn apart what better time to replace bulbs? Any ideas on going with LED bulbs? The car is a non runner I just bought and am open to color of LED bulbs if there is a choice. Does the instrument panel have a green tint? I have never powered car up at night and will not be able to for weeks. Any brand or supplier recommendations? Thanks

Yes, green tint on gauges, scroll speedometer backlight is not tinted.

After doing some research found that LED turn signal bulbs will not work with factory flasher and sometimes resistors need to be installed. Also found out that LED dash lights are very bright and not dimmable with factory rheostat an additional rheostat must be installed. I would like to find some green lenses that fit over the factory bulbs so that the whole cockpit has a green tint to it.
is a green tint to it

LEDs require less power, so for things like turn signals it could end up flashing real fast. Use load resistors or replace the flasher relay with a thermal flasher designed for LEDs. I fitted my '73 plymouth with modern jeep LED headlights and had to replace the flasher relay.

I'm guessing because LEDs use a lot less power, the factory rheostat wouldn't adjust the voltage correctly for LEDs.

Back