1964 attaching brake push to brake pedal

S

stevetheweave1

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Tried to reinstall C clip on brake pedal after installing brake booster. I have the seat out I am 6'5" with big paws and first attempt resulted in C ring flying into maze of wires and vacuum hoses under dash. Two plus hours of searching for errant clip with mirror and flashlight have given me a stiff neck and real pain in my arse. Anyone know size of C clip I have not been able to find the part in any T bird parts sellers catalog. Guess I will have to take out pedal assy. out and go to Lowes tomorrow and match it up. A cotter pin would have been a much easier way to retain push arm Ford! Thinking about attaching a tail to next clip out of masking tape so at least I will see the streamer when it flies into the unknown. I have a pn# from Tbird Headquarters of 372878-S on an illustration but no listing to sell.

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Use 1962 in the subject, not 62. Helps with site search and google.

Also, subject needs to be short, not an entire paragraph. Revised.

i just did my 63. grabbed the c clip with a Kelly (medical clamp easliy purchased on line). kind of pushed it in with some oomph. if you can get it partly on you can use a vise grip or other pliers to squeeze it on.

FYI update size of E clip from auto parts store is 1/2 inch, in case someone else were to lose it In the future.

Back