1964 390 W/AC Fan Clutch?

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Trying to piece together my 1964 390FE engine I received in pieces. I did not have a fan or fan clutch for the engine. I was wondering if the 1964's with air conditioning used just a fan or a fan with a fan clutch? Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Trying to piece together my 1964 390FE engine I received in pieces. I did not have a fan or fan clutch for the engine. I was wondering if the 1964's with air conditioning used just a fan or a fan with a fan clutch? Thanks
think it come with a fan cluth. mine did with a/c. also a 64. also its just nice to have a fan cluth. on another note. if U rebuild the engine make sure u get the right main and rod bearings. they are different size than a 65/66.

think it come with a fan cluth. mine did with a/c. also a 64. also its just nice to have a fan cluth. on another note. if U rebuild the engine make sure u get the right main and rod bearings. they are different size than a 65/66.
Thank you for that tip. It is very useful to know, J. I believe that 1965 was the year of the change of engine mounts also.

I did find the correct rod bearings and mounts. Does anyone have a picture of the fan and fan clutch on the there engine?

I did find the correct rod bearings and mounts. Does anyone have a picture of the fan and fan clutch on the there engine?

Attachments

• DSC06357.JPG
    DSC06357.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
Back