1964 390 underdrive pulleys

64ZCODE

64ZCODE

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi all. I'm looking for a set of underdrive pulleys for the 390 in my '64. I've found billet options and serpentine conversion options but all I really want are standard steel black underdrive pulleys for the fan, alternator and power steering pump. Any ideas? Thanks,

Doug

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please at the model year of your car in the subject on future posts. Thank you for posting. I have added this for you.

Attachments

• 3262_dab473e652d281fdf726432922698f15.jpg
    3262_dab473e652d281fdf726432922698f15.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 0
Hi all. I'm looking for a set of underdrive pulleys for the 390 in my '64. I've found billet options and serpentine conversion options but all I really want are standard steel black underdrive pulleys for the fan, alternator and power steering pump. Any ideas? Thanks,

Doug
I may not quite understand your question regarding underdrive pulleys a power steering pump. It has been my experience that under drive pulleys are usually for alternators and/or water pump speed adjustment.
Good luck , J.

I suppose that's right. With underdrive pulleys, the crank pulley is smaller diameter than stock, and the water pump and alternator pulleys are larger diameter than stock. The power steering pump could remain stock diameter.

I suppose that's right. With underdrive pulleys, the crank pulley is smaller diameter than stock, and the water pump and alternator pulleys are larger diameter than stock. The power steering pump could remain stock diameter.

I believe the crank pulley remains the same. The pulley to be changed is the one that you want to affect. At any rate you might look at March for what you want to do.
good luck, J.

Thanks! Once I get this sorted, I'll follow up with an addition to this post.

Back