1963 part identification-Transmission return spring

FoxyRoxy

FoxyRoxy

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have been going through my 63 and degreasing the transmission and I found a spring hanging by the shifter linkage. I am guessing it is the kickdown lever return spring from comparing to parts catalog. I am having a hard time finding a diagram of where this is suppose to be installed. Any help appreciated. Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Please add the model year to the subject when posting. I've added this for you.
model-year-TBF.jpg

I have been going through my 63 and degreasing the transmission and I found a spring hanging by the shifter linkage. I am guessing it is the kickdown lever return spring from comparing to parts catalog. I am having a hard time finding a diagram of where this is suppose to be installed. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Hi, the only spring I know of is up at the manifold and hooks around the linkage to a tab on the lower manifold. Best photo I can find off mine at the moment. There is a spring for the throttle but just behind the servo (booster) pipe you can see another which may be the one you have.
IMG_0952 (2).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Nice and clean. Im getting there. I think it is this one circled. I found that my throttle was sticking because getting caught on the wiper hydraulic line and the transmission vacuum line. So I need to tidy up that whole area. Luckily that spring held on I would never had noticed. Thx for the pic.

Attachments

• 11954_2bdb7f388ed649900dd5513d79094df0.jpg
    11954_2bdb7f388ed649900dd5513d79094df0.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 0
Pretty sure this is the one missing.Thx again. Could explain my throttle stick issue.

Attachments

• 20200615_223833.jpg
    20200615_223833.jpg
    5.6 MB · Views: 0
Back