1962 Want to replace Cruise O Matic with C4

DavidL
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Need info on what modifications will be needed to put a C4 transmission in place of the Cruise O Matic in my 62 Tbird.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have never seen a C4 that would bolt up to a F/E motor. If you want a trans swap go straight to the C6. But you need to get one for the F/E engine. The small block and 385 series bellhousing will not work.
More than likely you can pick one up cheap out of a mid '70s truck.

If you're going to the effort of changing to a different transmission why not put in the Ford AOD to give you the overdrive. Bendsten Speed Gem Adaptors They make one kit An FE engine to an AOD transmission 1250.00 Look it up on the net.

If you're going to the effort of changing to a different transmission why not put in the Ford AOD to give you the overdrive. Bendsten Speed Gem Adaptors They make one kit An FE engine to an AOD transmission 1250.00 Look it up on the net.
If I go to the AOD will I have to modify the trans tunnel? Any other mods that would have to be made.

The people at Benstsen could probably answer better than me. The trans. is not that big but maybe longer. I put an AOD in a '54 Skyliner with a 312. I needed to make my own trans. mount and have the driveshaft shortened but didn't have to cut the floor.

Back