1962 thunderbird convertible fuel & temp gauge

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
R

Rob C

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1962 convertible. I have new fuel sending unit in tank. Also new temp sender. Both gauges worked fine few weeks ago. Just took it for drive. Both gauges did not register anything. Then all of a sudden they both worked. Then today they did not register, then they started to creep up,then stopped. Since they both stopped at once I figure it is some special problem. Any ideas ? Thanks

1962 convertible. I have new fuel sending unit in tank. Also new temp sender. Both gauges worked fine few weeks ago. Just took it for drive. Both gauges did not register anything. Then all of a sudden they both worked. Then today they did not register, then they started to creep up,then stopped. Since they both stopped at once I figure it is some special problem. Any ideas ? Thanks

Sounds like an intermittent connection; I would check for either a loose/bad ground wire or ignition feed wire.

sounds like it maybe the Constant Voltage Regulator.

sounds like a bad ground or instrument regulator.

Yep I'd say the voltage regulator is faulty, its usually behined the clock on a 62.

Thanks. I will look at both. Will let you know.

Back