1962 ground wire to where?

aa010175

aa010175

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I was reading here about where to connect the battery ground to. So where does the battery ground wire connect to? Thanks Dave

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

There's a spot on the block lower right front.

I will have to look for a photo to see the grounding spot. It’s now on the generator belt tightening bracket. Thanks Dave

I will have to look for a photo to see the grounding spot. It’s now on the generator belt tightening bracket. Thanks Dave
Hopefully the seller didn't mess with too much else. So many horror stories of butchered under dash wiring. Thank heavens I got mine before anybody messed with it.

The work on this car was done by a restoration shop. All the wiring look to be stock and in good condition. The 27F battery was installed backwards. I noted that the ground cable looked odd for this car. I have seen battery ground side be grounded the the generator bracket in early 50 cars.

I'll try to get a picture of where it goes tomorrow.

It never ceases to amaze me how a restoration shop can get the basics wrong. Yah it may be pretty but what's really under the hood?

Looks like it needs a little tiding up. Nice off season project but a good reference.

Back