1962 Dash pad replacement

irishrider62

irishrider62

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1962 Tbird and doing a interior restoration. I was wondering if anyone can help me with this question. When replacing the dash pad does the whole dash have to come out. Also looking for a place to get assembly or disassembly instructions. Thanks for your help.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

12604_e634d8db2ff8947fb9e1cd6c7ad78a23.jpg

Hey Irishrider62, I just finished redoing my entire dash pad
1. If you are doing a new dash pad, yes the entire dash needs to come out. Take plenty of pictures.
2. Check your wiring, the 1962-1963 shop manual does not give you the full details on how it comes out. Just a few bolts holding it in but the wiring needs to be traced and labeled.
3. Take your time because as you work your way through it there are parts that can not be found and are hard to replace.
4. If you think a part may need to be refinished or replaced , do it because I can tell you doing it later is not an option.
5. I am doing the finishing touches on my new radio and switch replacement. I upgraded my A/C while I had the dash out. It all depends on how far you are thinking of how much you want to do under there. It’s an older car and things have to be looked at and upgraded.

It has taken me about a month to do mine but it really came out great. Good luck

Mine is in really bad shape. Some pictures would be really helpful. Where are the bolts?

Back