1962 convertible roof rail replacement

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
R

Rob C

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have redone all the mechanicals for convertible top. Going to have a new top installed soon. I put in new roof rail weather strips. There is some gaps along the window top edge and I recall from somewhere they mentioned using a sealer/caulk to allow the weather strip to be flexed down a bit where it needs to to set nicely to the drivers window and the rear quarter window. Is that the right way to install and what is the right product? Thanks for any advice.

I have redone all the mechanicals for convertible top. Going to have a new top installed soon. I put in new roof rail weather strips. There is some gaps along the window top edge and I recall from somewhere they mentioned using a sealer/caulk to allow the weather strip to be flexed down a bit where it needs to to set nicely to the drivers window and the rear quarter window. Is that the right way to install and what is the right product? Thanks for any advice.
To bring the seals down to the window tops I've installed rubber strips, stacked sometimes. These weatherseals may need to be removed for installation of the top. Check with your installer, to see what his procedure is for your particular brand of top. He might install them and the shims as part of the top install

Thanks for the advice. Someone mentioned using 3M caulk strips under the weather strip to even out the gap. I will talk with tho top guy.

Back