1962 convertible manually top down

R

Rob C

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 62 convertible with a top frame (no fabric) that has Not been down in 20 years. I have replaced cylinders, hoses, pump and solenoids, All that runs well. BUT now I need to manually get it moving smoothly. Top cylinders are disconnected but I just can’t get it to fold into the trunk. Frame goes as far as to stand up straight but goes no further. WD40 on all the pivot points. Nothing seems frozen but just won’t go down. I don’t want to damage frame. Any tricks? Thanks
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have a 62 convertible with a top frame (no fabric) that has Not been down in 20 years. I have replaced cylinders, hoses, pump and solenoids, All that runs well. BUT now I need to manually get it moving smoothly. Top cylinders are disconnected but I just can’t get it to fold into the trunk. Frame goes as far as to stand up straight but goes no further. WD40 on all the pivot points. Nothing seems frozen but just won’t go down. I don’t want to damage frame. Any tricks? Thanks
View attachment 11975
Just to let folks know... I figured it out. I started disconnecting a few hinges are realized that 20 years ago some owner wrongly assembled the workings. Moved things around and now it moves up and down easily. Now I will run the whole system and see if the limit switches work.

Back