1962 Brake Pedal does not Return

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
Craig T
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
This is my first time on this (or almost any) forum, so thank you for having me!
I just took my fathers 62 TBird out of storage where it has been for the past 8 years or so, and before that it was only run for a couple of years, and before that it was sitting for 7 years or so. The brakes have always worked well, and still do, but when I depress the brake pedal the pedal comes back VERY slowly. I'm thinking master cylinder or booster, but am looking for thoughts, and ideas on how to trouble shoot.
Thank you!

Hi Welcome!
This is what I think regarding this. Does the pedal return if the engine is off? If it does its probably the booster. If it's the same it could be the master cylinder though, having been stood it may start to free up but a refresh of the brake fluid will help and probably cure the problem as overtime, the fluid absorbs moisture.

Thank you so much for your reply. It seems to act pretty much the same both the the engine running and not running. I'm about to change the flex lines, so while I'm at it I'll get the old fluid out and put new fluid in to see if that fixes the issue. I'll let you know how I make out. Thank you!

Back