1961 ID part on brake booster

Sargent_Arthur

Sargent_Arthur

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hello everyone!

I cant seem to figure out what those black cylinder is. I know it has some connection to the brake booster. I think it's a vacuum of some type but that's my best guess. Can anyone tell me what it is and if it's even important.

At the moment I'm installing a Holley Sniper EFI kit and I need to hook up a hose from the brake booster to the new Carburetor EFI system and theirs two hoses ones going to that canister and the other to a linkage with electrical wires no clue to what either of them do. Or what they are called. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

20211216_155208.jpg20211216_155211.jpg20211226_152830.jpg20211226_152833.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When you post to the forums please post a summary of your post in the subject along with the 4 digit model year so people know what your post is about. "Brakes' could mean anything.

Updating.

model-year-TBF.jpg

Hello everyone!

I cant seem to figure out what those black cylinder is. I know it has some connection to the brake booster. I think it's a vacuum of some type but that's my best guess. Can anyone tell me what it is and if it's even important.

At the moment I'm installing a Holley Sniper EFI kit and I need to hook up a hose from the brake booster to the new Carburetor EFI system and theirs two hoses ones going to that canister and the other to a linkage with electrical wires no clue to what either of them do. Or what they are called. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
The vacuum provided by the engine is not constant and varies during acceleration or deceleration. The vacuum can is a reservoir with a one way valve at the port to the manifold so the suction to the controls remains constant.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back