1961 Edelbrock 390 upper end kit installation

M
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone installed the Edelbrock upper end kit #2044 on their 390? I am installing one within the week- help would be appreciated- good experience!
I am in Dallas Texas and have limited help for this project. It includes Aluminum Heads, Performance Cam with Lifters, Triple carb manifold, Timing Chain and gears, and all necessary Gaskets etc. I have rebuilt several six and eight cylinder engines as well as a Jaguar overhead cam engine.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Has anyone installed the Edelbrock upper end kit #2044 on their 390? I am installing one within the week- help would be appreciated- good experience!
I am in Dallas Texas and have limited help for this project. It includes Aluminum Heads, Performance Cam with Lifters, Triple carb manifold, Timing Chain and gears, and all necessary Gaskets etc. I have rebuilt several six and eight cylinder engines as well as a Jaguar overhead cam engine.

Good luck, and be careful with the original cast iron intake manifold, it weighs around 90lbs. Might be nice to have a helper close by.

Is your new manifold planed at 0degrees for a Thunderbird, or is it set at 2.5 like a standard Ford?

Doing about the same thing to my 1966 convertible. Using a Holly Sniper EFI carb. I recommend using a police intercept cam for better drivability on the street. You can reach me on my cell *********** Will be raising the HP from 315 to over 500. Just making the engine breath better.

MODERATOR NOTE- DO NOT POST PHONE NUMBERS OR EMAIL ADDRESSES ON THE PUBLIC FORUM. BOTS SCRAPE THIS INFORMATION FOR ROBOCALLS AND SCAMS.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Edelbrock tri carb manifold is the same angle as Galaxie tri-carb manifold. This kit includes everything needed except headers (which are on the way) to produce another 100 horses which is fine with me- not looking for a drag car.

With the 2.5 degree manifold your carburetors will not sit level and more than likely you will not be able to close the hood.
Your engine is installed at "0" degrees. There are factory tri power manifolds out there for Thunderbirds, not easy to find but they really are available.

Like this!

Attachments

• IMG_20210204_174720.jpg
    IMG_20210204_174720.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 6
Already have the galaxiy tri carb manifold on with m Holly carbs and 1 inch spacers- No interference problems. I bought the car with that manifold and Air Cleaner.

Can you post a couple of pictures please? I would like to see the Galaxie manifold in a bird and the effect.

See attached picture before upgrades

Attachments

• 10684336-1961-ford-thunderbird-std.jpg
    10684336-1961-ford-thunderbird-std.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 5
Back