1960 Touch Up Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
jpannier

jpannier

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Trying to identify the paint code so I can purchase some touch up paint. This is what I had in the paperwork that was given me when I purchased the vehicle. The previous owner changed the color from a yucky yellow to this color. Now I've seen oxford white in a touch up stick at the auto parts store and I've seen the "4WFA" code on amazon. But, I'm not sure what "92790" or "M59206" codes are for as well as the "PPG". Can anybody help me identify these and what they mean? Just want to be sure I get the correct color.
20240711_111423[1].jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Bad thing about touch up paint is it's not going to match a car that is 20 years old. This is why when cars are wrecked they do color matching to account for fading.

Bad thing about touch up paint is it's not going to match a car that is 20 years old. This is why when cars are wrecked they do color matching to account for fading.
Yea, but the paint job is only a few years old. I do understand your point, however. I agree. I suppose it would be nice if it's at least close.

Take it to a paint store,and they should be able to scan it,and match the paint as it is now
I took it to an auto store. I thought they could but, it doesn't seem like it.

Both paints you listed by number are available on eBay. PPG 4wfa is a rattle can of single stage acrylic urethane , Oxford White, for $ 48.99. M5920G is a 1 oz. paint kit of Oxford White,2 stage paint. Base coat and clear coat applied with brush. On eBay $22.49.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back