1960 Air conditioning low pressure side port location

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a 1960 bird with factory air. Compressor is square and both ports are exactly the same. Does anyone know which is the low pressure side so I can charge the system?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

When you post to the forum, you will get more responses by summarizing your post in your title. "Air conditioning 1960 hardtop" could mean just about anything. I'm revising your post now, but unfortunately, the email alerts have already been sent with a vague title.

model-year.jpg

I have a 1960 bird with factory air. Compressor is square and both ports are exactly the same. Does anyone know which is the low pressure side so I can charge the system?
A look at your shop manual may give you an idea as well as looking online for a compressor like yours.

Some of those old pumps had the head marked with an S for suction and a P for pressure. Look near where the valve/fitting bolts to the head of the compressor.

Usually the low side is the large hose and the high side is the smaller hose use R- 12 Freon both fitting should look alike but from what I remover one is slightly larger if I remember correctly . But I could be wrong it’s been a long time I use R -12 good luck Freon is also expensive

Back