1960 352 Choke Question

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi everyone, I have a 60 square bird and the choke is inop. I've confirmed that I have vacuum at the carb connection and have determined that the tube or manifold is plugged. I've googled this for a bit and can't find a definitive answer. My choke tube has a threaded compression fitting into the exhaust manifold. Once removed, I am unable to see where in the world this would flow any air. Upon closer inspection I seem to have a traditional heat stove in the manifold that I was able to unplug and get air flowing through. I'm thinking that someone incorrectly "configured" the choke tube at some point and it really should be connected at the manifold in a different location.

choke.jpg

you may change over to an electric choke, I did and like it best, also changed to a Holly Carb, but that's anohter story best to you Mike

Thanks but I plan to keep this car as original as possible, the 4100 is a great carb when setup properly. I just had mine redone by gottafish carburetors.

I found a parts diagram and indeed my hot air tube was setup incorrectly. Macs has a nice kit with both tubes hardware, and the insulation which I ordered.

IMG_4427.JPG

Back