1957 weatherstripping location question

twstnshout

twstnshout

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can anyone help me identify where these pieces from the weatherstrip kit are located on the car. My project car was partially disassembled when I found it and didn’t remove anything like these during tear down
image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Can anyone help me identify where these pieces from the weatherstrip kit are located on the car. My project car was partially disassembled when I found it and didn’t remove anything like these during tear down
I believe the long one is for the fender skirts. The other straight ones could be the rubber retainers for the door glass. Can't identify the curved one.

I believe the long one is for the fender skirts. The other straight ones could be the rubber retainers for the door glass. Can't identify the curved one.
The curved one is for the top! They are all overpriced!

You may find your answer by checking one of the suppliers catalogs with a blown apart view. also the trim and sealer manual.

I could easily be wrong…but they look awfully close to the one I used for the chrome steering column hub where it meets the machined dashboard just below the steering column twist collar7EBFF075-0CF2-474F-A43F-8EB553EA588A.jpeg

Last edited:
I think the small, straight pieces glue to the door window vent and compress against the A pillar.

Back