1957 tbird windshield chip repair

E

e009061

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
need advice on repairing BB size chip in windshield using Safelite

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Why do you need advice if a company is going to repair it for you?

because they said if they crack it more they will not be responsible
That's normal. Personally, I think those big outfits have a lot of "flunkies" working there, since it's hard to find help. I hired a local guy with a small business to replace the windshield in my Jeep. Guarantee you that he did a more thorough job and was cheaper.

That is the way that windshield repair works. I think it will not likely cause further damage, but it may. I have had lots of windshield chips like yours repaired, some by Safelite. I have been fortunate to have only the chip repaired without other damage. Your other alternative is replacing your windshield. When replacing, you would be advised to replace the seal. Good luck to you, J.

That is the way that windshield repair works. I think it will not likely cause further damage, but it may. I have had lots of windshield chips like yours repaired, some by Safelite. I have been fortunate to have only the chip repaired without other damage. Your other alternative is replacing your windshield. When replacing, you would be advised to replace the seal. Good luck to you, J.

ditto. They repaired a windshield of mine on an SUV. They drill a small hole inject an epoxy and it's done. Doesn't make it disappear, but no more worries.

If it gets worse, replace.

ditto. They repaired a windshield of mine on an SUV. They drill a small hole inject an epoxy and it's done. Doesn't make it disappear, but no more worries.

If it gets worse, replace.
Actually the process involves creating a vacuum that allows the filler to be sucked in and fill the space.

Well hopefully they can prevent the crack from spreading. I had my windshield replaced 30 plus years ago and got a couple of 'Bulls Eyes ' after but they filled well with no other problems. Apparently the old glass is a little softer and more susceptible to chips but they were not part of the structure like now and part of the integrity of the body. less chance of a crack and spreading. A repair should be fine.

Back