• Please sign in or join the Thunderbird club free to access the search page and many other free site features.
    If you forgot your password click here

• Click " Like/Thanks" at the bottom of a member's post to reward and thank them for their response! Points are added to their profile.
  • 4th of July Special Offer **LIFETIME MEMBERSHIPS** Guest! You can upgrade your account today and unlock member only features of the site and remove all Google/Amazon ads! Click here to learn more. Thanks for supporting the club!

1957 steering wheel emblem replacement

E

english john

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
1957 thunderbird, how do you replace emblem on steering wheel horn ring I have bought a pretty little new one but cant work out how it will fit, I presume you have to remove horn ring ?

Last edited:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

1957 thunderbird, how do you replace emblem on steering wheel horn ring I have bought a pretty little new one but cant work out how it will fit, I presume you have to remove horn ring ?
Yep, the horn ring needs to be removed. Remove the negative battery cable, then press the center of the horn ring firmly & rotate counter-clockwise to remove it. On the back, there's a plate with 3 screws that you'll need to remove. Under that is the medallion with index tabs that hold it in position.

Thank for confirming that, I just needed to have another persons input! :) before I destroyed something

Back