1957 self adjusting brakes washer dimensions

S

SlimerSnail

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have read about adding self adjusting brakes and which kit to order. I read that I need a special 2.5" washer.

I have a lathe and can modify any hardware store washer. I just need to know the diameter of the inner hole, outer hole and thickness so I can machine this part.

My lathe is not in the same place as the bird, so I'd like to have this part in hand before I drive down there.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I was confused about where this washer is located. I see it's the shoe guide at the top. I ordered Dorman p/n 13896. This should take care of the issue I think.

Found a nice video of someone doing the conversion:

I have read about adding self adjusting brakes and which kit to order. I read that I need a special 2.5" washer.

I have a lathe and can modify any hardware store washer. I just need to know the diameter of the inner hole, outer hole and thickness so I can machine this part.

My lathe is not in the same place as the bird, so I'd like to have this part in hand before I drive down there.
Hi SlimerSnail, the washer is a 2" diameter fender washer x 1/16" thick x 1/2" hole per Eristicat utube video. Shape to original. It is thinner then stock.

Back