1957 - replacing flexible brake lines

vernz

vernz

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I will be replacing the three flexible brake lines on my 1957. I have the lines from CASCO. The shop manual doesn't say much about replacing the lines. Does anyone have any tips or tricks you could share with me? I have the lines but no other parts. Do I need anything else? Thanks, Vern

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I will be replacing the three flexible brake lines on my 1957. I have the lines from CASCO. The shop manual doesn't say much about replacing the lines. Does anyone have any tips or tricks you could share with me? I have the lines but no other parts. Do I need anything else? Thanks, Vern
You also might consider the line from the booster to the frame also.

Get yourself a set of line wrenches from your local auto parts store. The fittings are soft and can be easily rounded off.

Washers.jpg

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Ugh. Thanks Doug7740. I should have asked this question before I ordered all the other parts. Oh Well, I get a little more time before tackling this job. Cars are biting me right now. This one has been at the shop for 4 months now; mostly waiting for parts. Vern

Attachments

• frnt rt.jpg
    frnt rt.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3
I know what you mean, I started this project in March and just finished it yesterday.

doug7740
1955 thunderbird Blue

49 Chevy Truck - 8.jpg

49 Chevy Truck - 4.jpg

49 Chevy Truck - 5.jpg

Where the lines require the brass sealing washer, they may be included with the line. But you should be able to get them locally.

Where the lines require the brass sealing washer, they may be included with the line. But you should be able to get them locally.
My lines did not come with them. I had my own box of copper washers, but they were all too thin. I then checked NAPA and they had what I needed. I'm ready to go now. Thanks

Back