1957 Power Window Regulator and attaching parts

F

farmerdick

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Is there a better picture, video or exploded view of the 57 power window regulator, arms and all attaching parts than the Shop Manual shows?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The parts books that were distributed to Ford dealerships shows an exploded diagram. You can also get free catalogs from the Thunderbird parts suppliers that will also have this diagram.

Perfect. Just what i was looking for. I will also check out those other Ford Parts catalogs.

I am putting back together the regulator onto the main assembly. At what position should the large gear on the main assembly be positioned to accept the small drive gear on the regulator gear box? As of now i have it clamped so that
the bottom 3 teeth are showing.

I would start with it in the center. Depending on the position you select, the window, when attached to the mechanism, will be in that position. I use the center so that the window is low enough to get the arms into the mechanism and not have the window all the way up or down when I do that.

Good point. I was thinking that way but wasn`t sure. Sometimes i overthink the situation. I`am ready to put things back together and will give that a try.

Back