1957 Paint Code HH color

baby bird

baby bird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a paint code on my 1957 T Bird of HH. What color is this? Can't find it any where.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Bottom of attached link has code tables.
Looks like gun metal grey with flame interior.

Decoder-1957.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a paint code on my 1957 T Bird of HH. What color is this? Can't find it any where.
Use a brief subject on future posts. "Paint code HH on my 57 t bird. What color is it? Just purchased it." has been revised.

My Bird must have been repainted with the sun Gold from 1956. Its light yellow and I can not detect any gun metal color any where yet the tag says HH

Last edited by a moderator:
I can not detect any gun metal color any where yet the tag says HH
I guess that means they did a good job repainting or your data plate is counterfeit, right?

I guess that means they did a good job repainting or your data plate is counterfeit, right?
Interesting. My car has been repainted a couple of times. The original was Coral Sand, The second a non-T-bird Navy Blue and I repainted it white. I can find evidence in many corners and the engine bay was painted black to cover. If it was a complete strip-down and then painted it would be difficult to find original paint but a very expensive project. How often are data plates counterfeited? Would the double "H" mean the hard top was body color?

A complete rotisserie sand blast on these cars has not been uncommon. And of course the high end builds wouldn't do it any other way.

Back