1957 new Bendix drive installation?

Hele
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Good morning, does anybody know how to install a new Bendix drive on the starter? How to open the hole to put the pin in? Thank you, Helmut from GermanyIMG_0475.JPG

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Good morning, does anybody know how to install a new Bendix drive on the starter? How to open the hole to put the pin in? Thank you, Helmut from GermanyView attachment 12938
d pressed th
The lip in your picture that partially covers the hole was for the locking pin must be depressed. If I remember correctly I put the gear end in a partially opened vise. and pressed the covering down so that thie hole was uncovered. I don't remember if I had the drive extended but I may have. It is something you can do at home.

Good morning, does anybody know how to install a new Bendix drive on the starter? How to open the hole to put the pin in? Thank you, Helmut from GermanyView attachment 12938
this is spring loaded and has to be compressed. you can youtube how to replace a bendix drive on vintage ford starter and it will show you how

Back