1957 Instrument Panel LED Lights

Rogvh

Rogvh

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Has anyone installed a SuperBrite LED in their instrument panel? I bought some. Because of the extreme difficulty in accessing the back of the panel, I would like to know that they fit. I don't remember what the incandescent size is nor the hole. Attached is a pic of the LED which is about 1/2 inch in diameter.

Moderator note-

Bulb 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

It's very important to pick a good subject for your topic. "1957 Instrument Panel Lights" has been updated to "1957 Instrument Panel LED Lights" which is what your topic is about.

Has anyone installed a SuperBrite LED in their instrument panel? I bought some. Because of the extreme difficulty in accessing the back of the panel, I would like to know that they fit. I don't remember what the incandescent size is nor the hole. Attached is a pic of the LED which is about 1/2 inch in diameter.

I got mine here- https://amzn.to/3d6oSCd

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember LEDs don't like rheostats. Some household bulbs can handle dimmers but most don't.
I would just stick to on-off situations and nothing involved with the dimmer.

Update. Pulled the seat which for me was necessary as with the time years ago that I replaced with higher c.p. bulbs. I did replace the instrument panel bulbs with the above LED's. It was a greater difference then expected. They do dim with the rheostat. I next tried a couple of other lights and these LED.s were too long as the sockets were longer then the instrument panel lights. So, the generator, oil pressure, and turn signal lights have the incandescent bulbs which are bright enough.

Back