1957 heater water valve is dripping

tinpot
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The heater hot water valve is dripping from the holes underneath the valve, i has already replaced the valve and it still dripping, any thoughts or is it just a pressure relief valve and is the dripping normal ??

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Last edited:
dripping not normal. get another valve.

Please follow posting prompts on future posts. "1957 Thunderbird;" does not summarize your post. Also, dripping or loss of fluids on any car is not normal.

Buy a new valve or get a replacement, yours must be defective- 1955-1957 Ford Thunderbird Heater Hot Water Control Valve 66-27062-1 https://www.ebay.com/sch/?kw=Hot+Water+Control+Valve+66-27062-1&campid=5338236430
View attachment 16511
Thanks for the swift reply, apologies it was my first post and I am still on a learning curve ! I have just replaced the valve it is still dripping but not where near as much

Thanks for the swift reply, apologies it was my first post and I am still on a learning curve ! I have just replaced the valve it is still dripping but not where near as much
Could be a defective replacement, right?

I replaced mine with the mechanical cut off. My '57 is a pure driver so authenticity is not a big concern. Driveability and reliability are foremost in my mind. This has been a common complaint from members of our local club and like fuel pumps, it seems a product where offshoring production has resulted in less than acceptable quality.

Back