1957 heater delete devalue?

R
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hey everyone, new to the forum. I'm looking at a 57 t-bird that is factory heater delete. Will this make the value of that car less than one with heater?
Car is great otherwise, older restoration, and since I live in S Caroline, I probably would not be using the heater that much. I guess my question, is Heater Delete a real thing on the 57 and is this a major issue in buying or selling in the future?
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Use the 4 digit model year in your subject as prompted. This aids with google and site searches. Updating now.

model-year-TBF.jpg

Hey everyone, new to the forum. I'm looking at a 57 t-bird that is factory heater delete. Will this make the value of that car less than one with heater?
Car is great otherwise, older restoration, and since I live in S Caroline, I probably would not be using the heater that much. I guess my question, is Heater Delete a real thing on the 57 and is this a major issue in buying or selling in the future?
Thanks
This all depends if you want a factory correct vehicle I’m sure it would not hurt the value of the car overall

Thanks
I have never heard of such a thing but...doing some googling, found this tidbit. Not a bird, and not the year but, could be insightful?

Heaters were optional in all 56 Fords.There was no such thing as a heater delete option.If the person ordering the car didn't order a heater,the car had none.There were two heaters available,the deluxe fresh air heater and the cheaper,recirculating under the dash unit.Actually,there were 3 options,including an air conditioning setup.

Welcome and, good luck! A lot of savvy tbird owners here...someone will know this!

I know of at least one "heater delete" ie. ordered without a heater. It may have come back from Hawaii. The result is there are/were Thunderbirds with out heaters. On the other hand , although air conditioning was available on the 1957 passenger cars it was not available in the Thunderbirds for 1957.

In the scheme of things I don't think the lack of a heater would have a resale price impact.
One positive, if you wanted to upgrade your braking system, and needed to move your battery, you could now do that within your engine bay.

Back