1957 Fuel Pump Plate Covers

baby bird

baby bird

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Im replacing the manual fuel pump on my 57 Bird with an electric pump. Does anyone sell a plate to cover up the cam port or can I just leave the pump in place?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Im replacing the manual fuel pump on my 57 Bird with an electric pump. Does anyone sell a plate to cover up the cam port or can I just leave the pump in place?
There are several places that sell these plates. Jegs, Summit Racing, etc. You should also be able to find them on ebay.

Easy to make one - use the gasket as a guide. 3/16 or 1/4 ALUMINUM

Personally, I would never rely on an electric pump by itself. Most use the electric pump in conjunction with a manual pump. Electric pump to start and then the manual pump to go.

Personally, I would never rely on an electric pump by itself. Most use the electric pump in conjunction with a manual pump. Electric pump to start and then the manual pump to go.
I agree. I am just going to use the electric pump. TY

Last edited by a moderator:

One nice thing about the electric pump is for $25 you can have a spare in the trunk. RR takes about 15 minutes.

Ty. That,s what I will do

Back