1957 factory toneau cover snap on?

Notice: This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you. Thank you for your support!
A
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Recently purchased a Torch Red '57 drop-top. Lovin' it, but how does the factory toneau cover snap on?

Updated your subject to summarize your post.

Recently purchased a Torch Red '57 drop-top. Lovin' it, but how does the factory toneau cover snap on?
It's been over 30 years since I replaced mine, but I believe you have to remove the chrome trim and garnish around the back side as the toneau is attached between the garnish and body.

That is right the tonneau cover is clamped between the rear garnish piece and the body of the car behind the rear seat. There are two snaps on each door and there are also snaps at the base of the windshield in the chrome strip between the windshield and the dash pad. On the factory supplied taneau cover these front snaps are a part of the screws that fasten the chrome strip in place.

On my 55 bird has the curtain clamped between the garnish molding and chrome trim and the Tonia cover is held by the snaps that are screwed on top of the chrome

Back