1957 electric window circuit images

twstnshout

twstnshout

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Can someone post an image of the wiring through the 30 amp circuit breaker forward. Which wire goes on bat side and which on aux side?I have a 15 amp circuit breaker mounted on the inside the removable door panels but seems like it should be mounted in the kick panel area according to assembly manual diagrams and where the black wire on harness is located. I didn’t have the opportunity to see my project completely together before tear down as it was partially disassembled in the 70s and left, so the power systems wiring is confusing me.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Pages 107 and 108 from the Electrical Equipment Installation Manual should have all of your answers.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
Page 107.jpg

Page 108.jpg

Mine's a '56, but they're likely quite similar. I found this resource invaluable when I rewired mine (dash forward). I hope it helps!20230302_103417.jpg

Pages 107 and 108 from the Electrical Equipment Installation Manual should have all of your answers.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue
View attachment 26698

View attachment 26699
Depending on date of manufacture the 15 amp circuit breakers could be on the door panels, the 56 Ford T-Bird had them at that location. It could also be possible that someone installed new wiring but for a 1956. The 30 amp fuse is item FDR-14526-A1 or A2 Assy.

You are correct, the 1956 Thunderbird had the circuit breakers in the door panels. Since the post was about a 1957 Thunderbird, I attached pages 107 and 108 from Electrical Equipment Installation Manual. Here is page 63 from Electrical Equipment Installation Manual which shows the circuit breaker locations for the 1956 Thunderbird.

Wiring 1.jpg
On a 1955 Thunderbird, the 40 amp circuit breaker was mounted on the firewall next to the hood latch and the and the 20 amp circuit breaker was mounted under the dash above the ledge. If the vehicle had power seats there were two 20 amp circuit breakers mounted under the dash above the ledge.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Circuit Breaker.png

Circuit Breakers.JPG

Back