1957 Different brake pedals

Ward 57

Ward 57

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
This is a cosmetic issue, I've had my car 45 + years. cruising through The parts catalogs I noticed a replacement with the chrome 'Swiftsure' inset and chrome surround. Installed it and it looks great. My original as I got it was all rubber with just 'Power Brake' on the inset. I have every option other than power seats. Is the pedal original or replaced at some time? It's wear looks original.

When you post to the forums, please include the 4-digit model year of your car in the subject as it prompts. I will add this for you.

model-year-TBF.jpg

It’s hard to tell the image isn’t very clear
I believe mine is the same and the power brakes were original to the car

This is a cosmetic issue, I've had my car 45 + years. cruising through The parts catalogs I noticed a replacement with the chrome 'Swiftsure' inset and chrome surround. Installed it and it looks great. My original as I got it was all rubber with just 'Power Brake' on the inset. I have every option other than power seats. Is the pedal original or replaced at some time? It's wear looks original.
My car had the plain black one with the molded letters. But.. it had the power brakes added by the dealer or someone. They did not come from the factory. I got a fancy pedal with the metal ribbon and trim cuz it looks better.

It’s hard to tell the image isn’t very clear
I believe mine is the same and the power brakes were original to the car
I'm assuming you are talking about the images in the catalogs. They don't due it justice. When you look under the dash The Chrome just looks right. I just want to know if it was aftermarket or introduced later as mine is an early '57. A nice upgrade either way. A little extra original or at least Ford licensed bling.

My car had the plain black one with the molded letters. But.. it had the power brakes added by the dealer or someone. They did not come from the factory. I got a fancy pedal with the metal ribbon and trim cuz it looks better.
I haven't looked at my original invoice in a while but I think my booster was originally factory installed.

Factory Original pwer brake cars came with the swift-sure brake pedal. Regular brake cars did not have it.

Factory Original pwer brake cars came with the swift-sure brake pedal. Regular brake cars did not have it.
That makes me wonder if it was changed out at some time. The old one was just rubber with power brake in raised letters. But it looks worn enough to be close to original. The new one looks great.

It looks like the power brake rubber part may have been sold w/o the stainless band, The band is a separate piece from CASCO so the pedal may have been replaced at some point w/o the stainless piece or may have fallen off.

Back