1957 carburetor float bowl issue

RonaldH
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I have a fuel leakage on the front bowl of a 1273-1 carb. I put the fuel bowl on a flat sheet of glass and noticed the bowl was warped to the point of not contacting the metering block. The warpage also through off the bolt holes not sealing. Does anyone know where to get a front fuel bowl. Holley offers a universal one, but the fuel inlet is higher and might not clear the air cleaner.

thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have a fuel leakage on the front bowl of a 1273-1 carb. I put the fuel bowl on a flat sheet of glass and noticed the bowl was warped to the point of not contacting the metering block. The warpage also through off the bolt holes not sealing. Does anyone know where to get a front fuel bowl. Holley offers a universal one, but the fuel inlet is higher and might not clear the air cleaner.

thanks
First without knowing where you are located it is not possible to accurately suggest a particular part supplier. Do you belong to a local club? That is usually a place to start with either a club member with the part or a recommendation for a commercial source. You can contact local shops that do carburetor repairs. That i show I sourced a missing float spring. good luck, J.

Back