1957 Add porthole to hardtop

twstnshout

twstnshout

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Any documented procedure to vonvert a non porthole top to a porthole top? 1957

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I was considering the same thing........not sure if my research was correct or not....I understand that only 25% of those produced did not have a porthole..now, some have been converted....meaning if you have a non-porthole top it is rare, and becoming becoming rarer..........Does not eliminate the blind spot......but rare!!!.........I decided to leave mine as it is.

The car could be ordered without the porthole, however, since this is such an iconic part of the Ford Thunderbird, having a rare non-porthole top is probably not a desirable rarity. Many of these have been converted even from the early days.

Last edited:
I ordered a kit from Concours Parts and modified my 57
nice kit fairly easy to do and looks like the original
although
I kept the Tbird emblem that was on the top near the lower side just forward of the port hole window

I ordered a kit from Concours Parts and modified my 57
nice kit fairly easy to do and looks like the original
although
I kept the Tbird emblem that was on the top near the lower side just forward of the port hole window
Now that's kinda cool. I always did like that emblem. A little extra original bling and a good talking point. Glad your upgrade went well. It's a signature everybody reacts to plus it takes care of that blind spot.

I've removed all the posts about 1955 tops. This thread is about adding a porthole to a 1957 without a porthole.

Back