1956 Windwing installation

A
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am trying to install the windwing on my 56 Tbird, The screw is a 1/4" head, which is find but there is no rum to fit a wrench in to get the screw started. any suggestions on how to manage it? Thanks Jerry

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Been there done that. First secure the top hinge Then fit the screws into the bottom hinge before securing. If you don't have a very thin wrench to fit into the recess a pair of needle nose pliers seems to work. The threads on my passenger wind wing mounts were stripped and couldn't tighten but a smattering of J-B weld and careful placement of the screws seemed to solve the problem.

Been there done that. First secure the top hinge Then fit the screws into the bottom hinge before securing. If you don't have a very thin wrench to fit into the recess a pair of needle nose pliers seems to work. The threads on my passenger wind wing mounts were stripped and couldn't tighten but a smattering of J-B weld and careful placement of the screws seemed to solve the problem.
Ya I kind of thought that would be the way. Thanks

I got the screws started but don't have a 1/4 " wrench so I just ordered one then I will grind it down. Thanks

Back