1956 Weather Strip Replacement Options

J
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need to replace the weather strips on both my 1956 hard top and soft top. Is it better to buy the kits on-line or buy the weather strip material commercially and cut to size and install per the diagrams?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My personal preference is to buy the kit, I realize it's not cheap. I only have a softtop but everything FIT the way it should.

I replaced the front weather strip on hard top. The unit purchased is contoured & shaped to fit the hardtop, & I believe has a metal strip inserted at ends? challenging enough to dig out the “putty” behind the existing strip, replaced stripped fasteners (becareful of length), but turned out better than good.

I replaced all of the weatherstripping on my 56. It fit perfectly, looks great, and saved time. Be sure to watch videos on HOW to use the recommended adhesives.

Buy the kit from Concours, although the side and front weather stripping was hard to get to come together. or Tee-Bird Products Inc. Dennis Carpenter products are the best fit. https://www.dennis-carpenter.com. Also buy all new screws if yours are corroded .

Last edited:
I purchased the rear window gasket from two different outfits, Concours & CASCO and it wouldn’t fit, too tight, but got one (different manufacturer Dennis Carpenter) from Tee-Bird Products Inc. and it fit perfectly!

Back