ISO 1956 90 Degree Spark Plug Wire

Lee Green 56

Lee Green 56

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
The local auto supply store only sells straight boot wires. I am replacing 90 degree wires. Does anybody carry the correct 90 degree boots? I do not want to "cut my own", tried it once- did t work out.

Attachments

• 20240619_143201.jpg
    20240619_143201.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 2

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The local auto supply store only sells straight boot wires. I am replacing 90 degree wires. Does anybody carry the correct 90 degree boots? I do not want to "cut my own", tried it once- did t work out.
You might try the Thunderbird parts suppliers. Hills, Cisco,NPD,or try Google if those don't work. I work think any of those could help you.

Did you try one of the Thunderbird suppliers like Concours Parts www.concoursparts.com Dennis Carpenter Dennis Carpenter.com

I would try another auto parts sore. Usually, you can go online to their websites & see photos of them. I know that Rock Auto carries several brands with 90 degree boots.

Called Hills, ordered a set. $75, cheaper than the $96 I paid earlier today. Im fairly new to working on this car, Hills was new to me.
By the way, these are two of the "reasons" Im replacing the wires.

Attachments

• 20240619_141143.jpg
    20240619_141143.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
Called Hills, ordered a set. $75, cheaper than the $96 I paid earlier today. Im fairly new to working on this car, Hills was new to me.
By the way, these are two of the "reasons" Im replacing the wires.
Wow. They look like distributor cap boots. They shouldn't have melted. I'm not sure what would cause that. You may want to check the inside of the cap, rotor, & points, & check the voltage at the points with the ignition on.

I tried starting the car without polarizing the generator. Polarized it, then I bought a new voltage regulator & polarized it again. The ground strap to the fire wall gets red hot, by the way if you try start it without polarizing it first.
Will try starting it again when the new wires come in, hopefully this week.

Attachments

• 20240618_090805.jpg
    20240618_090805.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 4
I have a brand new correct set I will sell to you for 50.00 I believe the catalog price is around 75.00

@Lee Green 56 the ground strap getting hot is not the result of the regulator being polarized. That's the result of the battery not getting a good ground to the block.

Im taking my car to a mechanic who fixed my friends '57. We both had automatic transmissions installed in place of our 3 speed o/d. In the 57, the starter was wired incorrectly, I assume thst is the problem with mine.

Back