1956 hub caps emblem assembly

Tams56bird
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I am replacing the hub caps on my 1956 T Bird and I have to insert the emblem in the center of the hub cap, do I use pliers to open the prongs in the back and then flatten them back down to hold the emblem down? I just don't want to scratch any of the new hub cap.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Subject updated from "1956 Thunderbird hub caps and emblem" to "1956 hub caps emblem assembly".

You can omit the make/model from the subject on future posts since our site is exclusive to Ford Thunderbird.

Yes - just use a tool (pliers) to bend the prongs (tabs) up and then flatten them back down. Just looked at my spare caps and that is the only way.

Just got the medallions on the new hub caps but they will not fit on the 15" wheel. What am I doing wrong

By posting a picture of the rim are you trying to say that the wheel bearing dust cap is the cause of your problem with the emblem in the center of the wheel cover? Could you post a complete picture of the front and back sides of the wheel cover your having an issue with?

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back