1956 Hard top window fitment

woodeye

woodeye

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I'm replacing the headliner, boy was that an experience, and weather stripping on the hard top and we're having a heck of a time getting the rubber boot to fully seat in the opening at the bottom of the window opening. We used soap and the string method which worked ok on the top and sides of the opening but on the bottom the rubber doesn't seem to be going in far enough to keep it in the opening. I can't find anyone in my area that has a hardtop with a window in it that I can look at to compare. Maybe mine is ok but I'm worried it's not. Could someone out there take a picture of how there rubber fits the opening on the bottom on the inside and post them? That would be great.
I'd post pictures of mine but we took the window out and haven't tried to reinstall it yet.
Thanks Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Where did you buy the gasket?
The gaskets from Casco, Larry’s, NPD And others do not fit properly. You have to order the Dennis Carpenter rear window gasket from Tee-Bird Products Inc. Dennis Carpenter rear window gasket part number B42084A $35
This gasket went on the window very easily and installed using the rope method on the hardtop. Then install the stainless trim after installation.
I posted an entire article on hardtop restoration. Also, the stainless trim goes in afterwards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back