1956 engine tranny swap

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

They can be repaired Which would be less hassle than a swap
None of my local transmission shops will work on it. Seems like people are too. busy to work on old stuff. So I was looking into a C4 or C6 to replace my current tranny.

None of my local transmission shops will work on it. Seems like people are too. busy to work on old stuff. So I was looking into a C4 or C6 to replace my current tranny.
Who would do the swap for you? The same shops that don't want to work on your current one? They are not overly difficult to rebuild and they would have to take it out anyway. Less hassle than trying to retrofit a newer version. Something doesn't sound right. I'd do a good google search even if you have to go out of town a bit. I had mine rebuilt about 30 yrs ago and still works fine.

Who would do the swap for you? The same shops that don't want to work on your current one? They are not overly difficult to rebuild and they would have to take it out anyway. Less hassle than trying to retrofit a newer version. Something doesn't sound right. I'd do a good google search even if you have to go out of town a bit. I had mine rebuilt about 30 yrs ago and still works fine.
I would do the tranny swap if it wasn't overly difficult. Rebuilding the tranny is way above what I'm capable of. But I can pull the engine and transmission out. I'm just going to call shops further away in larger cities to see about a rebuild. Right now I'm just looking at my transmission options and costs. I know keeping the original tranny is cheapest and least hassle. My 312 Y block is also shot and in need of a rebuild or replacement. So now is the time to figure out what I'm going to do with it.2022 - 1 (543).jpeg

Modifying a car can be a lot of fun
It brings out the engineering and artistic qualities

Back