1956 door hinge 3 or 4 bolts?

C
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I took off my door hinges for painting and discovered that the passenger side hinges attach to the body with 4 bolts but the drivers side hinges only attach with 3 bolts. Is this normal? Makes no sense to me!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Cwwaddell
I thought I had the only car with a issue like that. I wonder what the deal is. I too removed the doors for paint and could not find any signs that the driver side door pillar had ever been worked on. From what I know the doors on the 56 should have two bolts in the recess, which my (and yours) passenger side has but the driver side has only one bolt which is what the 55 had. My serial number is P6FH278335 I wonder if it is close to your serial number.
May be Budd had leftover parts from the 55's.

Cwwaddell,
Is your car's serial number close to mine? That might tells us that there was some sort of running change back in 1956. On my invoice there are a couple of dates. 4/23/2956 and 4/28/1956

Cwwaddell,
Is your car's serial number close to mine? That might tells us that there was some sort of running change back in 1956. On my invoice there are a couple of dates. 4/23/2956 and 4/28/1956
Mine # is P6FH297588. May 23 production date.

I have many of the same issues with my early '57. Not body issues but on top of the engine and power steering.
The parts guys wanted to use up what they had left over as the engineers were working on new stuff. Oh built feb 1 '57 which happens to be my 3rd birthday. No wonder I've had the car for over 45 years. A birthday present I never knew I had.

Back