1956 Convertible Top Patch

A
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Does anyone know where you can buy a patch for white convertible top. Also is there adjustment for the top latches(I put new rubber on and it tough to latch). Thanks....

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The only thing I can think of for a patch would be marine sail patch. Most likely available through West marine. Which latches are you having a problem with? The front hook latches are held with an allen screw that can be loosened and then the hook latch can be unscrewed a turn or two. I need to remove a rear latch on both my hard top and soft top to replace broken springs, just soaking them with penetrating oil so I don't strip the screw head trying to crack them loose.

The front But I discovered how to adjust them remove the set screw and turn, Thanks

The only thing I can think of for a patch would be marine sail patch. Most likely available through West marine. Which latches are you having a problem with? The front hook latches are held with an allen screw that can be loosened and then the hook latch can be unscrewed a turn or two. I need to remove a rear latch on both my hard top and soft top to replace broken springs, just soaking them with penetrating oil so I don't strip the screw head trying to crack them loose.

Thanks Ward. My side latches need tightening and didn't realize the Allen wrench was the answer.

This forum is filled with good information!

Back