1956 Clock Quartz movement.

G
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi does anybody sell the quartz clock movement for the 56 ? I am in Sydney Australia , so if i can buy it outright and do the conversion myself is what i am trying to do... thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Use the four-digit model year in your subject as it prompts. Also, parts for sale or wanted goes in the parts wanted are, not the general forums. Post moved, model year updated.

model-year-TBF.jpg

Here's the scoop om clocks: The company that makes the movements is ISI, or Instrument Services Inc., in Roscoe, Illinois. They will sell you a conversion kit, but I regret to say not for your car. Typically they sell kits for clocks made by Borg, 1963 and later. For the others you either need to send THEM the clock, or find a dealer who can do this for you. You might find that if you send them your clock, the wait time may be anywhere from 6 months to a couple years. My suggestion would be to contact Auto Instruments in Martinsburg, Virginia. I think their site is autoinstruments.com. Most likely you'll need to ship them the clock, but the good news is that these are small and the postage rate should not be too extreme. Good luck!

My 55 clock was converted by clockwks.com. The turnaround time was acceptable, not anywhere near 6 months. Jerry will take care of you.

I was able to repair and calibrate the clock on my 1955 Thunderbird. Attached is an article I wrote explaining how I performed the repairs. The link below shows the clock running after the repairs were made.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Attachments

• 1955 Thunderbird Clock Repair.pdf
    624.9 KB · Views: 16
Looking to purchase a 1956 Clock , working or not . Thanks
I have 2 of them One is missing the second hand and is a little grubby. Might be able to mix or match parts the other looks great but won't wind. The are out of sedans and may not be concours correct but will fit the spot.

Just got my clock back. VERY impressed Much faster turn around than expected. They produced a very beautiful conversion and having it run on my fender with jumper wires. Very happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry said that the longer it stays in the box, the longer it will last. In other words, non use will not hurt it as it did originally.

Just got my clock back. VERY impressed Much faster turn around than expected. They produced a very beautiful conversion and having it run on my fender with jumper wires. Very happy.

Good thing their clock work is better than the website design! Lol That website is 2002 flashback!

Good thing their clock work is better than the website design! Lol That website is 2002 flashback!
That may be true but their work is outstanding. I do have to applaud your site, and will continue to promote your site even though you can be a bit bone headed at times. Best regards, Ward
Jerry said that the longer it stays in the box, the longer it will last. In other words, non use will not hurt it as it did originally.
Why keep it in the box? I have two mechanical mantle clocks plus a Hall grandfather clock that I love to hear the chimes. Ever heard of the fraise 'use it or loose it' ? Mine is a driver that I can use and not a trailor queen to park and brag about. Why just look at it when you can actually use it?

Last edited:
I apologize if I was being vague. My point is that if you don't immediately install your quartz-conversion clock, it can remain unused indefinitely without harm. Such is not the case with the OEM movement, as you probably know.

I apologize if I was being vague. My point is that if you don't immediately install your quartz-conversion clock, it can remain unused indefinitely without harm. Such is not the case with the OEM movement, as you probably know.
That makes sense. I've got it running on my fender with jumper wires just to watch it work. I'll install it when it's warmer as my garage is unheated and install my rebuilt brake booster too when I get it back from my local shop.

Back