1956 CASCO temperature gauge color concerns

woodeye

woodeye

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just received a new temp. gauge and sending unit from CASCO.
I haven't gotten the old one out yet to compare new to old.
First thing I noticed was that the new gauge has a red indicator arm and a green cold to hot horizontal bar.
The one in the car is white arm and horizontal bar.
When you look closely at the base of the indicator arm, way down at the bottom it look like you can see a hint of red.
I hate to go through all the work to swap the gauges and find that the new one is wrong.
What's more the gas gauge will still be white.
Any one else ever run across this
Thanks Jeff

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Call CASCO and tell them exactly what you just posted and see what their response is.

Up date.
I called CASCO.
They said that the gauge is correct and that he thought that the old one probably just faded.

Here's a picture of the gauges that are OEM from my 1956 Thunderbird.
pic76.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just received a new temp. gauge and sending unit from CASCO.
I haven't gotten the old one out yet to compare new to old.
First thing I noticed was that the new gauge has a red indicator arm and a green cold to hot horizontal bar.
The one in the car is white arm and horizontal bar.
When you look closely at the base of the indicator arm, way down at the bottom it look like you can see a hint of red.
I hate to go through all the work to swap the gauges and find that the new one is wrong.
What's more the gas gauge will still be white.
Any one else ever run across this
Thanks Jeff
In 2015, I purchased a temperature gauge from CASCO for my 1955 Thunderbird and the gauge looked just like the one you have. I didn't like how the green band looked after the gauge was installed so I purchased one from Larry's Thunderbird & Mustang Parts instead.

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

CASCO

Temperature Gauge 1.jpg

Temperature Gauge 2.jpg

Larry's
At Rest After 1st Adjustment.JPG

Back