1956 brake fluid not passing through booster

odlewis
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Anyone having problems with brake fluid passing thru the booster to the vacuum?
Thanks

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The master cylinder is bad. The seal on the rear for the rod where it connects to the booster has failed. I'm sure it has happened before but I have never seen it. I suspect the booster also needs replaced to be on the safe side. Brake fluid will likely deteriorate the booster diaphragm.

When you post to the forum in the future, please follow the prompts given. "early bird booster" does not summarize your post or include the model year. I've revised your title for you.
model-year-TBF.jpg

I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m confused. The post is titled; 1956 brake fluid not passing through booster, but the concern is brake fluid leaking into the vacuum line. The posting is listed in both the 1955 – 1966 Classic Ford Thunderbird forums and the 2002 – 2005 Ford Thunderbird forums. So what year is the car and what is the concern?

If the car is a 2002 – 2005 Retro Bird and the brake fluid is leaking into the vacuum line, the master cylinder is the cause and it has damaged the diaphragm in the brake booster. Both the master cylinder and the brake booster will have to be replaced.

If the car is a 1956 Thunderbird, since the master cylinder is not bolted to the brake booster, the master cylinder is not the cause of the brake fluid to leak into the vacuum line. The cause of that concern is the brake booster and it will have to be either rebuilt or replaced.

So if you would like me to help you, do you have a Classic Thunderbird or a Retro Bird? Is your concern brake fluid not passing through the booster or brake fluid leaking into the vacuum line?

doug7740
1955 Thunderbird Blue

Back